Are you or have you worked in a payroll environment, perhaps you work in finance or and have some experience or interest in payroll that you wish to develop further?
If so, Option A would like to here from you as we have an exciting opportunity to join our busy payroll and finance team. We hope you like both learning and variety as you’ll be working with the latest payroll software paying up to 700 workers at over 100 different clients.
Key to your success will be accuracy, with the ability to multitask and communicate well with your finance colleagues, recruitment consultants and occasionally our workers to solve any payroll problems.
Up until now we have been using Sage but we are just going live with a brand new, cutting edge software package which will automate the majority of your tasks so we are open to people with experience of any payroll software, irrespective of type.
Some of your key tasks will include:
- The preparation, processing & administration of weekly payroll, ensuring that we are complying with contractual and statutory obligations, such as:
- New starters, leavers & pensions
- Court orders and statutory payments-maternity, paternity, parental leave and SSP etc.
- Reviewing of approved hours to ensure accuracy of payment.
- Set up of new employees
- Responsible for checking payslips and reports at payroll validation and rectifying identified issues.
- Payroll support for employees and other managers.
- Participate in regular team meeting
This role will be based within our head office in Berwick-upon-Tweed office and will part time basis, the exact hours can be negotiated but we expect the role will be 24 hours per week concentrated over the start of the week
There is potential for additional days to cover staff training and holidays within the finance dependent and this will be discussed at a later date.
The salary will be £18,000-£22,000 pro rata dependant on experience. If you are interested, please email your CV or call Emma on 07393214519.