With just under 2 weeks to go to BREXIT we want to let everyone know what is happening and reassure our workers about their rights to work in the UK.
As it stands today the UK is still exiting the EU on the 29th March, just 2 weeks away.
When (or if) BREXIT does occur you will still be able to work for Option A and remain in the UK as before. However, politics and regulations may change, so we urge all of our EU workers to apply for the free Settled and Pre-Settled status:
- If you are an EU worker, you can apply for settled or pre-settled status which will give you unlimited right to remain and work permanently in the UK after 5 years
- It is free and gives you the:
- Right to work
- Right to study
- Right to use the NHS
- Right to Education
- Access to benefits and/or pension
- Additionally, you can bring close family to join you in the UK
- You can apply using a mobile app as long as you have a biometric ID card or passport. If you do not have a biometric passport or ID card you can send in your document or attend a processing system. More information is available at the Home Office website.
Even if Brexit is delayed and the EU grants an extension, we could get any of the following:
- No Deal
- Further vote on Prime Minister’s withdrawal agreement
- Vote of no confidence
- No Brexit
All of which may complicate matters, so we are still recommending that all of our EU workers and employees apply for settled and pre-settled status to make life easier and lock in their rights.
Lastly people have asked whether they can continue to use their ID cards instead of a passport to travel into the UK and the answer is yes, at least until 2021.
If you have any questions please speak to your consultant or local office.